Thursday, August 7, 2008

Remembering Isaac

When you mention the date 8-8-08 t0 most people, they probably think, "Olympics!"
When I hear that date, I think of our baby that may very well have been born to us at St.Francis hospital on the 8th. Our due date was actually the 12th, but since Esther was a few days early on hers, and my favorite number is 8, we are considering this our due date. We are remembering our child as he is now in heaven, and we can't wait to meet him. We miscarried in January of this year, after excitedly announcing to everyone at Christmas the great news. We gave a picture frame to Lance's folks with a drawing resembling a necklace I wear with a diamond for each child. It had 3 sparkles instead of 2, thus giving the joyous news.


Isaac

Your little name is Isaac
we saw you in a dream
You're smiling with Jesus
You're dancing with the King

We went to hear your heartbeat
we waited for the sound
Could've heard a pin drop
the silence was so loud

I've never shed more tears
than in the parking lot that day
I don't know why you're home
but Jesus wanted it that way

We have so many questions...
Why'd you have to go?
Why can I not hold you?
Things we'll never know

God knows all the answers
to things in our hearts and minds
We just have to trust him
in Him our rest we'll find

On Him we are falling
to Him we dearly cling
He gives and takes; sometime it breaks
but to His name our hearts still sing

Glory to the Lord,
our Savior reigns on high!
He is our love, our Adonai,
Messiah is our King

Jesus, thank you, Jesus
Your ways are so far above
I don't understand your gracious hand
but I know that you are love

Isaac, I want to hold you
I want to have you near
but God know best, it's time to rest
with Him and not down here

Goodbye my darling baby
You are so blessed to see
our Redeemer's face, His saving grace
You are so immensely free

Your little name is Isaac
we saw you in a dream
You're laughing now with Jesus
You're dancing with our king

Yes, you're playing, running, singing, clapping,
living
with the King!

4 comments:

laura said...

Thanks for sharing your heart in the midst of the pain. I'll be praying for you today.

christine said...

i've been praying for you and lance today. i love you guys! i can't wait till i get to meet little isaac someday. we'll be able to hang out forever!

Dawn M said...

What a beautiful poem that shares your heart - thank you for sharing. God Bless you, I'm sorry you had to experience this, but as you said, we dont understand God's plan, we can only trust Him.

Love you. Dawn

Jennifer Poole said...

thank you guys. You are all so encouraging. Thank you for praying for us. We had a very good remembrance day... I'll have to leave a new post about it as soon as I can figure out how to download more pictures! -jenn