Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Smokestack takes a Bath


Yesterday, our jaws nearly cracked the tile floor in the bathroom. Smokestack (Esther's nickname by Hans) readily agreed to take a bath. I know, I know, what's the big deal, right? Well, let me tell you... this was the first time in 1 1/2 years that she has ever willingly neared the bathwater. Usually, she turns into a cat and nearly claws me eyes out. She clings to me tighter than a bug on flypaper in the heat. But on this momentous occasion, she sat happily popping the bath bubbles while I scrubbed her down with a washcloth. I don't think she's ever gotten this clean on purpose. There's been a few times she's accidently sat in an ice puddle, or poured water on herself; in which case I eagerly mop her off-- taking advantage of the situation. I sometimes would try to give her sponge baths, so I'm not entirely negligent. Good smelling lotion definitely covers over a multitude of sins as well! Being that I prefer to keep my eyes in my head, I quit trying to bathe her. Now that she's into the whole bath scene, I guess I need to put more bubble bath on my list. I ran out of it last night....

1 comment:

christine said...

YAY!!! clean esther!!!! =]