Friday, June 6, 2008

More "isms"


Thought I'd add a few more Pooleisms to the list.....

Visiting a lake for the first time this spring, Esther perked up when she saw the water. Her eyes lit up as she exclaimed, "Puddle!!" She would only splash in the "puddle" if she was wearing her shoes...

Esther loves any living thing that moves. If she spots an ant hill on the driveway, she'll stop and say "hi" to every ant. She will then proceed to put both hands in the air and cry until I pick her up.... she doesn't want to squish any of her little friends.

Hans has been fascinated with the farming industry this spring. When questioned where certain crops grow, he'll tell you if it grows in a field, orchard, etc. He was questioning the origin of pizza one day, and I told him it was from our local grocery store. He, of course, said in a knowing tone,"no, mommy. Pizza comes from a pizza field." Of course. I knew that.

Hans discovered his wrists and ankles. He figured out what they are made of. He told me, "Hans have tool in there."

I am a budding artist, in my children's eyes. I was illustrating a small poster with the words, "The Lord is my shepherd" with a stick-shepherd. Clever, I thought. Hans insisted the poor man wear some clothes. So, I drew a shepherdy bathrobe-like garb on the man. Hans knew instantly what the clothes were called..."jammies!!"

Hans stubbed one of his toes. He explained the dire situation; "That piggy broken!!"

Makes sense to me.... what is the hard protective surface on top of your toes?
"toe fingernails!"

Hans is a mechanic at heart. When presented with the opportunity, he will scurry into the driver's seat, and pop the hood. He then tells Lance, "Daddy, check the oil." Lance replies, "I checked it yesterday!" Hans,"Check it again!!" Safety first.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

This picture is hilarious!!