Sunday, July 20, 2008

Veins

"take me out of the ballgame... take me out of the crowd!"
I just couldn't do it. Couldn't stand there, watching our team get creamed and not say something. It must have worked, because after my veins started to split with the enthusiasm, we started getting the hits and runs. I'd like to think it was because of me, and in reality, it may have been because the team was tired of hearing me yell so they took out aggression on the ball. I don't really know. What I do know is that I shouldn't go to many of these softball championship things anymore, because I can't seem to keep quiet and let mean comments from the other team roll off. I've got veins, man. Veins from a throat that you can hear loud and clear. They used to tell me to speak up in high school. I did. Hear me now!! I feel somewhat sheepish today, especially because we went to church and lots of those same guys that heard me yesterday were giving me strange sideways glances today. That's right. 'Ol yeller, here. I didn't say anything bad, I was just loud and zealous. -sigh-. Good thing I'm not a soccer mom... yet.

No comments: