Tuesday, September 23, 2008

This morning

This morning came early. For me, anyway. I'm pregnant, and I really would love to just sleep the day away... but I can't. Life happens, all the time! Lance left to meet a friend for biblestudy at 5:45 am. That's the middle of the night. ( in my world) Hans woke up at 6:00am. It was dark, and stormy, and man, I wished it were night. I was so mad. I played dead for a while, but he started getting noisy. I told him to come lay on Daddy's side of the bed, and he did. One thing that really changes for me during pregnancy is sense of smell. It is heightened to an insane height, and really makes me wonder some days if people can die from over-smellness. Anyway, Mr. Hans doesn't understand the unspoken rule in our house about no pooping before 7 am. That's ususally not a problem for anyone, since we're SLEEPING. Eventually, he got bored and went back to driving his noisy new toys from his birthday. Too late. The stench had already stained the lining of my nostrils, and I was really irrate. I told God how mad I was and that it was already a terrible day and I hadn't even gotten out of bed yet, and blah blah blah. I felt like I was supposed to read my bible. I told God I wasn't quite in the mood yet. He waited for me. I felt bad for telling Him that, and read it anyway. I opened up to Psalms, and read over and over about how we need to praise God all the time. Basically, "if you have breath, Praise Him." Rats. I guess I still had breath even though it was hard to breathe that cloudy air... I got kind of frustrated again. "God, why are you always RIGHT?!" I decided to give it a shot. He deserves it no matter what is going on. He's God, and that doesn't change what He requests of us. So, I praised Him in the wee hours of dawn. I still didn't have an awesome morning, but you know what? That doesn't matter. He matters. He loves us. Let's praise Him because He conquered a lot more than just stinky air. He conquered death. That's a wake-up call! Thank you, Jesus.

3 comments:

Dawn M said...

Thanks for sharing, Jenn. I can totally relate - to both the morning issue and the smell issue! and not only that - it was a double whammy! I love your sweet spirit - God is God and we are still human - and that's okay. Hang in there, love you. Dawn

laura said...

Thanks for sharing your thoughts:) and congratulations!! I'm so excited for your family.

Jennifer Poole said...

thank you guys!