Tuesday, May 27, 2008

No complaints



My day....
-Esther wakes up at 6:15.
-Lance feeds Esther and Hans breakfast since I am immovable.
- Hans, Esther, Annette, and I go to the plant nursery to purchase garden stuff.

-Both kids get scratched by nursery cat.
-Find an empty greenhouse to get out of cold wind. (I don't know if it got up to 60 degrees today or not...)
-Pull muscle in back in forsaken greenhouse while trying to pick up screaming daughter.
-Walk across nursery to car, avoiding cat. Put both kids in carseats without bending my back. Entertain kids in car without bending back. Annette finds out plight, drives us safely home.
-Lance gives wonderful backrub while Esther is napping and Hans is with Annette.
-Lance finds animal excrement on my shoe, dispelling fears that I was the stinky one.
-Bring Hans to doctor, find out he is not dying. :)
-I go to chiropractor, find out I am not dying either. Chiropractor uses some electrode mechanism on lower back that on a more intense scale may be used as capital punishment. Chiropractor also procedes to place high-tech ice cubes on me lower, lower, lower back (aka "rear") to "help". (I didn't know you had to go to medical school to put ice down peoples' pants!)
-I go to Starbucks to recoup. I forget about the frosty air and order a smoothie. I proceed to shiver and shake very similarily to the more expensive procedure I had formerly experienced. (Next time maybe I'll just skip right to Starbucks. ;)
-Go home, put Esther down for her second nap.
-Pull same muscle.
-Play in the dirt, eat great supper.
-Esther (1 1/2years old) pees on the potty 2nd time today.
-Esther runs around house without diaper, because I can't catch her and lift her to put a new one on.
-Esther piddles on floor.
-Hans takes bath.
-Hans pees in bath.
-Kids go to bed, and I find chocolate chips.
We had a great day today, and I just have to laugh at what life brings sometimes. I know this isn't in the hall of fame of funny, but this is just a somewhat-average day, a little taste of our life.

2 comments:

Jes said...

So this is what I will be experiencing pretty soon....

Jennifer Poole said...

it's really not bad... you kind of get used to expecting the unexpected. (probably similar to teaching?) Difference is, they're YOUR kids, and you love them way more than you ever dreamed you could. (not that you don't have a godly love for your students). It's wonderful to be a parent. -Promise.