Tuesday, May 27, 2008

All is well


Hans is ok! We took him in today for the appointment to check on the mysterious lump on the back of his neck. The doctor said that he believes it is in fact an enlarged lymph node. He said that it is pretty common, and kids can have enlarged nodes from even a bug bite or being scratched from a comb or fingernail. Good to know. It was so scary, because it is pretty large for a little guy, and I guess it's human nature to always (for me) jump to the worst possible scenario. Thank Jesus that he is well! I too often take for granted what a blessing it is to have healthy children. On the other hand, thinking my child was possibly very endangered really drove me to prayer and a closer pursuit of our Lord. I can't really ever say that I would hope for my child to be on their death bed, but God is always in control and can work mightily even through such a terrible incident as that. I don't say that lightly, please don't interpret that wrong! I know several friends whose children are medically struggling, and it is really hard to see them suffering. Our Lord is powerful and omniscient.