Sunday, May 25, 2008

No laughing matter


Kids get skinned knees. Kids get scratches, and bruises that seem to appear out of thin air. It's always a little scary to bring them in for their check-ups.... I'm always hoping the doctor realizes the marks are normal consequences of everyday play.
I found a lump on Hans' neck that is not from everyday wear & tear. About 9 months ago, at his normal, 2-year appointment, I asked the doctor about it. He thought that it was probably an enlarged lymph node from a cold. I proceeded to forget about it until recently when I rediscovered the lump, much larger than before. It's about the size of a dime, hard, and under his skin on the back right-hand side of his hairline. It's really making me very concerned. We have him scheduled to see our doctor on Tuesday afternoon after memorial day. I know this may seem very "motherish" and silly to be so concerned, but would you please pray for him? I'm trying not to be worried about what this could mean, but I really need to be more trusting of God. His ways are above ours, and His thoughts so much higher than ours. He knows what's best, and I need to really trust Him. I know this truth, but our hearts are still heavy.

1 comment:

Jes said...

I am praying for Hans! Kristen had something that sounds similar on her head recently(a few of these hard lumps actually) and it turned out to just be a hard cist of calcium deposit that was easily taken care of.